Hillscene Family Medical Centre is pleased to advise that we are an approved vaccination provider for the COVID-19 vaccines. We are happy to help provide COVID-19 immunization for our local area and the wider community.
Checking when you can receive your COVID-19 vaccine
To find out when you are eligible to receive the vaccine, visit https://covid-vaccine.healthdirect.gov.au/ eligibility and complete the COVID-19 Vaccine Eligibility Checker.
This will tell you which phase of the rollout you are in.
Booking your COVID-19 vaccination appointment
When it is your turn to get vaccinated, you can call us on 03 9752 6111 to book your appointments to get your first and second doses of the vaccine.
You can also book on our website online https://www.hillscenemedicalcentre.com.au/, or come into the practice.
Make sure you book an appointment for your first and second doses of the vaccine. Please call us if you need to confirm what the timing should be between the appointments.
Getting ready for your appointment
Please do not come to your vaccination appointment:
- If you are feeling unwell with fever, cough, runny nose, or other symptoms that could be from COVID-19
- If you are waiting for COVID-19 test results, or have tested positive for COVID-19
- If you are a close contact of someone with COVID-19, or
- If you are in quarantine.
- If you have had another vaccine in the 14 days before your COVID-19 vaccine appointment, please let us know as we may need to reschedule your appointment.
- If you cannot make it to your vaccination appointment, please contact us to arrange a new appointment.
- You can also read this patient factsheet developed by the Australian Government Department of Health: https://www.health.gov.au/resources/publications/covid-19-vaccination-preparing-for-covid-19-vaccination
HFMC COVID-19 VACCINE CLINIC PROTOCOL
STEP 1: Check vaccine eligibility online at https://covid-vaccine.healthdirect.gov.au/?lang=en
STEP 2: Book online 24/7 or call 03 9752 6111 during business hours for the Pre-Vaccination assessment appointment. Per the latest TGA guidelines, the Astra Zeneca vaccine will only be administered to eligible patients above 50 years of age.
STEP 3: Show up for the Pre-Vaccination assessment appointment on time. The assessing GP will conduct a thorough examination to determine suitability for the vaccine. The Pre-Vaccination assessment consent form will be filled and provided to the patient to bring during the Vaccination appointment.
STEP 4: If the Pre-Vaccination assessment is successful, book the Vaccination appointment on the pre-allocated day.
STEP 5: Show up for the Vaccination appointment on time with the Pre-Vaccination assessment consent form. The assessing GP will sign and sight the document prior to Vaccination.
STEP 6: Vaccination performed by assessing GP/nurse and post-vaccination documents distributed. You MUST report any side-effects experienced within 24 hours to the relevant authorities.
PLEASE NOTE THAT PROCEEDING TO VACCINATION WILL BE SUBJECT TO FULFILLING ALL CRITERIA. YOU MAY BE ASKED TO RETURN FOR ANOTHER ASSESSMENT ON ANOTHER DAY, OR REFERRED TO A RESPIRATORY CLINIC FOR SPECIALISED CARE.
PLEASE ALSO NOTE COVID VACCINATIONS AND FLU VACCINATIONS MUST BE TAKEN WITH A 14-DAY GAP.